Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

instrument lights

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by wjsilva, Nov 4, 2013.

wjsilva

02 M coupe - instrument light on center instrument cluster, left top air flow direction just below the radio is out. I thought I would be able to feel it by pulling out the radio and reaching behind but no luck. Has anyone replaced without pulling out the entire panel and if so where to reach and what light bulb do I need. Or does anyone has a photo of what the panel looks like from behind?
    Thanks in advance for any assistance
    jim

MGarrison

Terry Sayther

Should be able to do it with the radio out, we think. Might not be easy---used a mirror to look at it. Do anything possible to avoid taking out the climate control panel because there will be plastic parts that break if you do. Good luck---Terry

wjsilva

Thanks Terry - I used the inspection mirror with bright light looked all over the control - I thought I would see where the old presumably dead bulb lived but could not see anything nor any wires in the vicinity
    Would you happen to know anyone that has their Z3 disassembled that might be able to photo the back of that panel so I could make some sense of it?
    jim

Terry Sayther

Nope sorry. We do 3-4 a year of these, I'd say, so can't say when the next one might come up.