Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Inside Track placeholder?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MGarrison, Feb 7, 2014.

MGarrison

The forum's "BMW" topic area has been the placeholder for the "Inside Track" BMWNA news releases, effectively monopolizing a forum area that might be a better placeholder for general BMW-related posts that end-up in the off-topic area.

Seems to me it would be nice to have a forum topic specifically for these 'NA-originated press releases. Also, it's a bit inconsistent that the "Inside Track" blurbs aren't also in the "News" section of the site. I tend to stick to the forum areas than poke around the site, so I'm sure I miss lots of whatever pops up regularly in the "News". What about sub-areas under the General "BMW" forum area duplicating the Club, Racing, & BMW NA news, and shuffling the Inside Tracks into the BMW NA news area. The Inside Tracks would still pop up in new message listings, and General BMW topics would have a more specific placeholder than being relegated to the Off-Topic area. If the various stories in the "News" section were also in the appropriate forum topics, would that mostly be a one-click presentation of new info/posts/news that's come up on the site presented all at once in the same place & on the same page?
    • Staff

steven s

The BMW NA news is an RSS feed from BMW.
    I can create a separate section if it makes more sense.

I think I had Club, Racing and CCA News pulling into the forum but the feed was horrible.
    Maybe once everything gets updated I'll revisit it.