Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I'm going on down to Yasgur's farm

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dms540i, Aug 10, 2010.

dms540i

I'm doing a road trip from Boston to Sullivan County NY next week and realized I'll be passing quite near the site of the original Woodstock festival, so if any of you have been there RECENTLY (uh hmm), what's there to do? Any quirky sixties throw-back points of interest, or good restaurants would be appreciated. I'd hate to go all the way out there and back and later realize I missed something special.

CRKrieger

Interested in a bootleg copy of The Who's entire set? :D

John in VA

I am! Is the quality comparable to "Live at Leeds?"
    I got a note from Amazon that they were releasing another 70s live show album soon.

dms540i

You know I would but I have nothing to play it on. I was actually thinking of getting another copy of Deja Vu on CD just for the car so I could listen to it on the way out there. Hey maybe I'll head back through Stockbridge and listen to Alice's Restaurant real loud through the center of town and maybe wake up ol' Arlo himself.

CRKrieger

It's on a par with it. The production is a bit inconsistent but the performance is great. The 1970 Tanglewood show is better than either. If you're coming to O'Fest, bring CDs or a DVD and I'll lay 'em on ya. I've got at least seven boots I can share and another 3-4 live shows you can listen to, but that are copyrighted.
    It'll be interesting to see which one it is. Maybe Tanglewood.