Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I'm Back

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pszima, Feb 2, 2018.

pszima

My experience with BMW's goes all the way back to 1974 when I purchased a 2002 while stationed in Germany. I totaled the car about one year later in a three vehicle accident involving another vehicle and semi, walking away from the accident with minor bruises. I was told by the policeman on the scene that the car saved my life to which I agree.

Over the years I've owned 5 BMW's but jumped on the Mercedes bandwagon, including two ED's, about 15 years ago and did not look elsewhere until December, 2017. It was time to replace my 2014 E250 BlueTec with over 95,000+ miles and I was not impressed with the new E or C Class offerings. Thought I'd give the 5 series a try until I saw a vehicle that I had no idea existed -- the 2018 430i GranCoupe (Mineral White exterior, Cognac interior, Luxury Package, etc., etc.). It's sporty, comfortable, attractive and a hatchback with half the cargo capacity of my wife's '17 MB GLE350! I was hooked and out came the checkbook. This car has reminded me why I chose BMW's in the past. It's powerful with very direct engine response, the transmission shifts are smooth as silk and it handles! Also, iDrive6 is light years ahead of the MB Command System.

I purchased the car, Dec 2nd and rejoined the CCA on Dec 5th. Glad to be back!

charlson89

Welcome back!

MGarrison

Welcome back to the club & forums - congrats on the new ride!