Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I'm a new convert....

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by neerajjain, Jul 24, 2008.

neerajjain guest

Couldn't put up much of a fight :) Drove it once and had to get it (and it's only a 2006 325i).

Have a lot of questions (detailing/ milage/ general) , so will start with the forums.

Bimmerdan

Welcome to the club!! And it's not "...only a 2006 325i...", it's a 2006 325i!!!

The club and the forum are great places to get your questions answered. Glad you're here!

Autohaus guest

Nice car! Don't follow the owners book of 15K mile interval oil changes. I change the oil around 7.5K with synthetic, as a start. You should still be under warranty. Is it a CPO car?

neerajjain guest

Thanks for the advice... any preference on the oil's make/model?

Yes this is a CPO. Has 26K miles on it. Sports package too, so enjoying my daily commute :)

neerajjain guest

Bimmerdan - I feel the pride :)

Autohaus guest

Everyone here will give you opinions on every oil known to man. I just use either Mobil 1 synthetic or BMW's synthetic oil. Also, is your 325i an automatic or manual? If you want a 300K drivetrain, change both differential and auto/manual fluids at 30K intervals. I am not too familiar with the E90 family, though i did drive them for a bit and they are well built cars IMO. Don't let, however, the dealer perform the tranny fluid change. They will tell you that you don't need it (and charge you about $500 for a complete flush if you chose to have them do it). However, alot of us here agree that its best to change it every 30K. Enjoy your daily commute. Everyone that drives a BMW does!

PhillyNate

Congrats and enjoy. Never say it's only a 325i because afterall it's a BMW!