Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How do I track the status of a new 3 series

Discussion in 'BMW' started by JDUBS, Oct 19, 2010.

JDUBS guest

I have a 335i xdrive on order...is there any way to track the status of the car during the production process? Thanks

Scott

There are two ways you can do it yourself, but both require that you know either the production number or the VIN. Your dealer can provide those if he hasn't already.

Go to www.bmwusa.com. Under My BMW, click on Sign Up. Once you've registered, you can sign in, and then click on Track My BMW.

The other way is to call BMW Customer Relations at 1-800-831-1117. You'll get an automated response. Select production information (or something like that). You will be prompted for your production number or VIN. It will then give you the status.

It takes a while for the production data to filter through the company's computers, so both of these methods will lag the actual status, with the bmwusa.com method lagging the most.

The fastest way to get the most up-to-date information is to ask your salesperson to query the system.

I have had very recent experience with this. I have an X5 that's coming off the assembly line on Thursday. I got that info from my sales person, while the phone said it would be done Friday, and bmwusa.com just says it's "in production." I have to add the caveat that since my experience involves a vehicle being produced in the good ol' USA, I don't know if the information flow is different on a BMW built overseas.

JDUBS guest

That's great. Thanks

BMWCCA1

A customer's built-to-order X5 xDrive35d was shipped from Greer on Wednesday and arrived at our dealership on Thursday. We delivered it to the customer on Friday. It still shows in our Dealer Availability Report today as having not yet left the vehicle processing center. [IMG]

JDUBS guest

Wow! What was the overall time from order to delivery? Thanks

BIMMIR guest

I've ordered 2 different 3 series. The BMW website is always behind what is actually going on. One of my cars took 5 weeks from order to delivery, one of them 8 weeks.

I just ordered an X5d, at least this is one is from the US.

The waiting is the hardest part, but it is sooo worth it!

There are ways to track your car in much more detail, including finding out the ship it is coming on and watching it on their tracking website. I watched my car hit each port from Germany to New York. (NJ)

I will try to find that info and post it here for you.

Here you go - Have fun!

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Tracking your Spartanburg car

According to the BMW brass at the opening of the expanded plant in Souf Carolina, soon you will be able to watch your car via webcam as it rolls along the line. . .

Scott

Too late for me. I get to watch mine in person as it rolls across the dealer's floor tomorrow. :)

BMWCCA1

They told me that, too, at the new X3 intro. As I recall they also promised that at the Z3 launch back in 1995, or whenever it was.

Don't know for whom the question was intended but I ordered a new X5 xDrive35i for a customer on July 1 and delivered the vehicle to him at our dealership on July 17th.

But then I ordered Z4 sDrive35i) for a customer on July 30th (at status 112) and it finally made it to our Baltimore port last Friday and hopefully it will arrive at the dealership before this week is out. That'll be three months.