Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

High-flow Intake Kits

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Rich Rulli, Apr 18, 2008.

rcryder325 guest

there heat shield is a thicker composite than racing dynamics which is what i had problems with, the rd composite was thick and flimsy also RD's carbon fiber was very thin and not made well so i think thats why i had problems with both. the conforti one looks a lot thicker and it might be a different kind of composite. but you could always buy the conforti see if it works well then buy a signature motors heat shield if it doesnt work well. The home made set up like i have works great but its really up to how much you want to spend in my opinion.

Also the conforti has carbon fiber tubing so it looks a little sportier i guess lol. some sites that sell the conforti have an optional carbon fiber heatshield that is made really really well that my friend has but it was 130 dollars more on top of the 368 he paid for the intake. I just looked at a close up of the conforti heat shield and it looks a lot nicer than the racing dynamics one i had experience with.

so i guess it all comes down to what you want to spend.