Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Helmet Supplier, Miam Fl area?

Discussion in 'Driving Schools' started by MGarrison, Feb 1, 2011.

MGarrison

I've ordered from bellracing.com, they had no problem doing an exchange when the first helmet I ordered was too small, but that was uh (eek!) I think 10 years ago.

They list some dealers in Miami area; if they don't have stock, surely they can get something in.

http://www.bellracing.com/public/index/dealer/locator/2/

Sebring and maybe Moroso (which I think is a different name now?) have been used by the 'CCA chapters down there before, for driver's schools. A quick perusal of the Florida chapter websites and event calendars show nothing scheduled at those venues. It appears there are some Chin Motorsports events at Homestead this year, and otherwise, ya, I think you're looking at Road Atlanta (long freakin' haul from Miami!). One calendar said something about a PBOC event at Road Atlanta I think in Late February. Peachtree chapter has a couple of Road Atlanta events.

It would appear the Floridian CCA'ers have moved their focus towards events other than driver's schools. I wonder if lack of demand was a cause.

Eights-n-Aces guest

Thanks. That validates what I was seeing too so at least I know I wasn't missing something.

MGarrison

It still might be worth emailing somebody at each chapter asking the same question, if any club DE's are scheduled at Sebring or Moroso, it's early in the year and possible their website event calendars are not yet updated for all 2011. The Porsche club might have some DE's going down there, check that out as a possibility.