Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

has nayone installed the Dinan stage 1 performance mod?

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by henkinc, Feb 4, 2018.

henkinc

I looked in vain for folks in this forum who may have done this on the 300 hp 335i car. I am strongly inclined to do this, but my hesitation is that the principal issue I have with the stock engine is it runs out of breath around 5000 rpm. The Dinan curves show a 20% improvement generally but still retains the torque drop off at similar rpm. What is the driving dynamic you guys have experienced with the Dinan Stage 1 upgrade? This is just for non-track use. My other car is a 2010 Porsche S Cab with 385 hp, so I am used to a free revving powerful engine.
    Thanks.
    Charlie

henkinc

watch this thread

MGarrison

I have an E92 335is, which, as I understand it, primarily has a larger intercooler, & tuning for more hp over a stock N54. I have no complaints about the engine's performance, the car gets up and scoots & seems plenty fast to me, but I don't have the Porsche seat-to-seat comparison. If yours is an N55, what I've read is the two are pretty close, so upgrading that I'd think ought to be similar in result to what BMW did with the 'is. Might be a matter of what you're used to - for me, I'm used to upshifting if the torque curve starts to taper, but I notice that a lot more in my E30 with mild cam/stroker motor than the turbo E92. If you want your BMW to feel really, really fast, just drive a 1980's small 4-cyl. pickup truck for a week, and hopping back in the BMW, it'll feel like a rocket! ;) :D