Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Harness bar for a 4-door E36 M3?

Discussion in 'Driving Schools' started by BillS, Feb 13, 2011.

BillS guest

Is anyone aware of a harness bar available for a 4-door E36 M3? There are a few for the coupe (Sparco, other brands), but I haven't seen any that are a fit for the sedan, at least not for a 6' driver.
    • Staff

steven s

MGarrison

Scroll to the bottom of the page -

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/safety-equipment/harness-mounting-hardwar/harness-mount-bars

I'd suggest talking with the HMS folks about what you want to do and how best to accomplish it - they should be able to guide you in making an installation that is safe.

Unless you have inordinately disproportionate legs or arms, keep in mind that if you really tighten up a 5 or 6 pt. harness, it will substantially snug you into the seat, and you will very likely need to have your seat moved further forward than your everyday driving position, or track-driving position with stock belts.

I'm 6'3", and my track-driving position is substantially more forward to be properly positioned, so much so that it would only be comfortable for short trips in daily driving.
    • Staff

steven s

I didn't realize there where two kinds of harness bars.
    All mine is good for is mounting a camera mount.