Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First Time Bimmer Owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jakester1168, Oct 26, 2008.

Jakester1168 guest

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 2007 328i, 12,000 mile, CPO, with sport and premium packages...Barbera Red with tan leather, back up assist, HIDs, steptronic (my 911 is a 5-speed)...the list goes on but don't want to bore anyone....I'm a member of the local Porsche Club in Tampa, so I'm sure I've met some BMW members already through various Autocross and Track DE days at Sebring...LOVE my Bimmer, and glad to be part of the BMW Club....just had the windows tinted and am in the process of deciding on a set of 19s, either BBS, Miro, or Breytons...

az3579

The more I see Barbera Red the more I like it! Out of curiousity, what is the German name for it? Look for it on the strut tower in the engine bay...

Congrats on your purchase. That sport package alone will probably make the whole thing worth it. :)

Jakester1168 guest

Thanks...I love the color especially in the light....the german word for Barbera Red is Barberarot..and it is a blast to drive...all it needs is a nice set of wheels...

MGarrison

Wilkommen! (love the color also ;))

Jakester1168 guest

Thanks....I'm heavily involved with my local Porsche Club in Tampa and hope that the local BMW Club is as active as well...I have always loved Bimmers, had my first experience with bimmers in high school driving my mom's 1980, stick, Midnight Blue 320i...that was some 24+ years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday!...granted it wasn't a rocket, but the handling was phenominal!

CRKrieger

Florida Suncoast - certainly is active. But don't sit back and wait for them to come to you. Hit their website and find your interest. Don't hesitate to email or call someone. Usually, you'll find that we can manage to overlook the obvious lapse in judgment that would lead you to be a P-car club member ... :D

Jakester1168 guest

LOL...I've received a schedule of events from the Tampa BMW Club and will be seeking them out...quite the "pickle" I'm in, Porsche Club or BMW Club?? It's all good anyway you slice it...the BMW members I've met via my Porsche Club events have been fantastic!...life is good! :)

CRKrieger

Let me guess: because we'll help you work on your car while the Porsche guys will just give you their mechanic's card? :rolleyes: