Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First Bimmer, new member

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by BobApplegate, Jul 14, 2009.

BobApplegate guest

I went through the 80s and 90s looking at BMWs saying "someday". It was time to retire my Honda with 106,000 miles, and looked at an Acura as an obvious replacement. Nice, but not quite what I was looking for.

Happened to check the CPO pages of a local dealer and realized a BMW was an easy investment. After a test drive it was obvious the 3 series handled very differently than other cars I'd driven, and it felt like exactly what I wanted. Looking at the available inventory yielded a 2006 325i with only 17,000 miles on it. Brand new! I'm an engineer by profession but not a gearhead, so all my cars go to the dealers for service, and having low mileage was a big plus.

The family and I have put on over 1000 miles in the first three weeks, a mix of local roads to/from work, long stretches on the PA Turnpike and some of the twisty roads along the Delaware River here in NJ.

My wife will need a new car soon. Hmmm...

granthr

Welcome!!!! And yes that first one is a slippery slope downhill to multiple Bimmers or Beemers, whatever the case may be. BTW Bimmers are cars and Beemers are Motorbikes! :D

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride! Check out the chapter events. http://www.delvalbmwcca.org/

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

The good news is that you are in an area that is a hotbed of BMW activity!