Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Estimate for oil and spark plug change on 528i 4cyl

Discussion in 'South Atlantic Region' started by lglewis, Mar 22, 2016.

lglewis

Does anyone have an estimate on how much this costs? Are there any club membership discounts?

MGarrison

Most independent shops are running on thin enough margins that they probably can't afford to offer 'CCA member discounts on parts & service. They typically have less overhead, so are able to charge less than dealer rates. Can't speak for your area, depends on the dealer, but, around here, dealers have a 10% parts discount for club members, I don't think they have any discount on labor rates. No idea on what oc/f (oil change & filter) & plugs for your car, but you can price shop parts to get an idea. Lookup part numbers on realoem.com for your car (month & yr. production date on your door sticker), and then you can google part numbers (it helps to add 'BMW' to the search with the part #) &/or check prices from Roundel advertisers, and you'll start to get an idea of the parts. If you're not sure on what all might be needed parts-wise, see the bavauto.com blog posts or youtube vids, or other youtube vids. For instance, you'd expect most oil filters to come with a crush washer for the oil pan drain plug, but if they don't you'll need one (even though it's less than a dollar).

If your chapter website has message forums or social media like a facebook page, you may want to put your question there to see if others in your area have suggestions.

Ken.S.330

My independent charges 05 hours for oil change, $45, $45.50 for 6.5 quarts oil, $14 for filter.
    1.5 hours for Plugs, $135, $15 for 6 plugs.