Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

e92 M3 SC Performance Center Delivery?

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by AuggieM3, Aug 1, 2008.

AuggieM3

Is anyone planning a South Carolina Performance Center Delivery for late October or early November?

Has anyone already done the delivery and, if so, whats the day like?

Thanks!
    -Auggie

2Tonic guest

Performance Delivery

Arrived on July 16
    Took delivery on an M3 July 17
    Stayed at Marriott - had nice dinner - this is all paid for by BMW
    Breakfast on BMW
    Short drive to P-School
    Safety briefing then right to the cars - M3s with 6 speeds , the instructors said that DCT M3s were on their way
    For a novice like me, it was a day in heaven
    ABS braking while making a turn - progressive from 30 mph to over 50 mph
    Closed track running through slalom, hard right-hander, ess curves (this was a relatively short course, but challenging and fun nonetheless)
    Break - two hour delivery personalized by a staff member (Willy did ours, well-informed and professional)
    Nice lunch - good conversation with instructors (they answered all of my naive questions)
    Skid pad (wet)
    X5 off road course
    Plant tour/museum visit

The driving instructors were fantastic - all sessions used radios in the cars, they talked us through all the activities
    They ride with you on the skid pad

This is a highly recommended experience - we will do it again and we will probably attend some of the schools that they offer - my teenage son will also attend the P-school in the near future

AuggieM3

Thanks 2Tonic - sounds like a great day...I can't wait!

After getting my e46 M3 delivered to the dealership, I did the M school in 2003 - it was a blast. I'm very excited for delivery and the opportunity to run through the course with an e92 M3!

CryNoMo guest

just took PC delivery Jul14/08 and its worth the trip and the extra 2 weeks of waiting. Its a must do in my book, plus currently its getting alot of buzz folks opt for it and you should too. Enjoy

AuggieM3

Thanks CryNoMo - when you went, did you bring someone along? If so, was your guest able to participate in all of the activities (track time, etc.)?

CryNoMo guest

I was a soloist. But you are authorized to bring a guest for a night accomodation, dinner and breakfast the following morning of the delivery. You share your 2 hr track time wih your guest. Yes! your guest are able to participate unless they are minors.

wear closed end shoes btw. Enjoy!