Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

e90 change to non-runflats?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by shyammichael, Jul 15, 2013.

EdmundK

I have a 2011 328i xdrive and will replace with non runflats when the current Continentals are finished. I also want to get winter wheels and snows (non runflats). Are packages offered by Tire rack a good option? I've always been partial to Nokian Haakkapelitta snows...anyone use these? I drive 130miles per day to work, 90% highway. Can you suggest a jack I should buy. Thanks
    By the way I live in Maine , so all season tires are not for me.
    Ed

charlson89

Tire rack does know there stuff about tires for our cars and the TPM systems. Nokian's in my opinion are a find winter tire have not had any issues when I ran them on my e46. As for a jack don't go super cheap on it but it also doesn't have to be name brand either I use a craftsman at home.

floydarogers

I've bought winter tires/wheels from tirerack; great place to do business and they definitely know their stuff.
    I'm not sure if tirerack carries Haakkapelitta, but everyone seems to like them.
    However, I might suggest you consider the performance snow tires from Michelin (Pilot Alpine 4) or Bridgestone (Blizzak) rather than a non-speed-rated snow (although I believe Nokian makes performance snows, too.) With your miles on the highway, they will last longer. Be sure to get TPMS monitors - tirerack sells them for $40-$45 - if you buy another set of rims.