Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E85 lift points

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by Satch, Jan 4, 2011.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

For a couple of years now, I've been trying to figure out the perfect jacking point for the Z4. Mine seems to have points where the plastic aero panels---at least on the M roadster---are cut back around a chassis seam. I assume something like a BMW jack from the Olden Times would catch this seem in a V-notch or something.

I've been looking for a rubber pad with such a notch to mount on my jack, but most jack-pad adapters assume you have the BMW plastic rectangles with a space in them. Is my car an anomaly, or has anybody figured out how to jack up an E85 without damage to the plastic?

Pyewacket1

Check these sites out....

http://www.reverselogic.us/ReverseLogicLimited/Home.html

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-Z4-3.0si-N52_3.0L/Search/Jack_Point/

granthr

Uh Oh Sir Editor, I do believe you mean seam, not seem!! :D:D:D

If it was anyone else we would let it slide!! :D:p

shipkiller

I am assuming from your description that your car does NOT have four black jack points installed. If so, then you need to get them. The ESS link has a good picture of them along with the jack pad jack adapter......

For some reason, my Coupe did not have them either. I think this is a dealer oversight. I bought them from Tischer for about $45.00 for all four... but you can get them from the dealer.....

No. 17
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DU93&mospid=49424&btnr=51_4964&hg=51&fg=80

I only use the side jack pads I just talked about if I just need to jack one side.

If I am jacking the entire rear end, then I use the rear jack point in the center of the car where the two transverse bars are bolted, just aft of the differential. This is an approved jack point.

To jack the entire front, use the center round jack point, center of the car just forward of the engine. If your jack is not long/short enough then this one is tough so you may have to drive the car up on two 2x4's to get the clearance...

I like to use the center jack points so I can get two jackstands under at a time.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hoist by mine own petard...

Grant say, in regard to my "seem/seam" typo:
    WERE, Bruddah Grant, not WAS. . .

. . . but you are correct, I was in a hurry, and DAMN! Another proof that I am anything but perfect.

Meanwhile, the roadster has been in for service, and I asked them to install the OE lift blocks...

Brian A

Somebody needs to borrow you a thesaurus to learn you grammer!

granthr

Touche!! :D