Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 M3 wheel upgrade from OEM?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Eraube, Aug 23, 2015.

Eraube

Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on which wheels to upgrade to on a e46 M3? I have been looking for a set for a few months now and simply can not make a decision. I am a big fan of the ZCPs but are they worth the money? I'm not opposed of going with a gunmetal or black finish. I also really like the look of chrome but can not find any that look good other then the Beyern Spartan.

Any input and advice on which route to take would be appreciated!

MGarrison

Might depend on your goals or priorities - for me, the lightest, smallest-diameter wheels, of the width that works, allows for running a square setup (same size tires front/rear), for the best price, are the way to go. Wheels that are bigger than you need for optimal performance are just gonna cost you performance. I avoid chrome like the plague - extra weight with no performance benefit whatsoever. Hardly familiar with all available wheel options for E46's, Apex shows some 17's weighing as little as 16.5lbs (http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/e46-m3/), Tire Rack shows some options, but different front/rear widths - you'd have to talk to Apex or T.R. about if there's a wheel offset & width that can work front/rear (if you have an interest going that route).