Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 Brake Job

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by clemmike, Mar 20, 2010.

clemmike guest

After much research did a 4 wheel brake job using EBC Redstuff pads and plain rotors. After the first 300 miles I'm completely satisfied. Cold braking at least as good as stock, when hot a much firmer pedal and at least 80% less dust. Time will tell how long they last.

John in VA

Glad to hear you attempted the job and succeeded. Great work!

clemmike guest

These cars are not that tough to work on.I come from 35 years as a domestic (Ford) tech and find most of the German cars well built and fairly accessible. And after 35 years of domestics they sure drive alot better. Had a couple of VW's in last few years and finally got a BMW for me and a CLK 320 for my wife both used. Paid less for the two than a new Fusion would have cost. Don't think I'll ever go domestic again but also couldn't swing paying new for a BMW. As a side note I now teach Automotive technology at a local Tech School and have seen a big swing in the kids away from Hondas and toward VW's and Bimmers so maybe there is hope for this generation.

Yes, that's the paradox of BMW

People say "it's a BMW, those things are really hard to work on" and that statement couldn't be farther from the truth.So far I have found my 330ci to be the easiest of all my cars to work on - changed out the pre-cat O2 sensors today in less than an hour. Great cars!