Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E30 M3 1988 - Etcc

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by TEllison, Jul 8, 2008.

TEllison guest

Hi

My father and I are current owners of an ex-motorsport E30 M3 and were wondering if anyone could spread any more news on its history and provenance. The details and racing history we know so far are as follows:

1988 Schnitzer Motorsport chassis number #103 (confirmed by chassis plate number in engine bay).

Campaigned 1988 European Touring Car Championship (ETCC) as car number #56 for Schnitzer, with class wins at Jarama, Dijon, Vallelunga, Silverstone and Nogaro.

In same year won overall at Spa-Francorchamps 24hr race, driven by Ravaglia, Heger and Quester.

All these results lead to Ravaglia winning 1988 ETCC championship.

Following this season, the car went to the Far-East/Australia to be campaigned extensively before we acquired it in 2001 and used it for a number of track days.

It is now undergoing intensive chassis and engine rebuilding to restore it to complete 1988 Group A spec.

Attached are pictures of the car both as it was when it was campaigned in 1988 and as it is now.

If anyone has any further information or questions, please let me know.

Schattenjager guest

Nothing to add - but man - what a sweet ride! I am delighted it has found a solid home to live in and will be kept in pristine condition!

I love that picture of you pulling the 930. Had to be humbling for the Stuttgart fellow...