Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

e30 Driveshaft Balancer

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by 02m3smg2b, Jul 21, 2010.

02m3smg2b guest

Are there any pro's con's to renstalling this hunk of metal / balancer? I already did a SS kit and bent the selector rod to bend around it, so SS kit clearance is not an issue. I am replacing the driveshaft now and am questioning the real value of this thing.

Thanks,

Jody

MGarrison

Good question - I assume you mean the large circular rubber piece with metal ring around it. I've always put it back, but the last time, in looking at it, I also thought sometime, someday, it's gonna be a problem because the rubber's gonna break and that metal ring is gonna be clattering around; so I can't tell you what it's like without it, but to me it just looks like a minor vibration damper that's destined to fail and cause an issue, particularly if it's original. If it looks like it's in really good shape, then no harm in keeping it, but my guess is there's unlikely to be a noticeable difference without it. Don't know for sure, though.

az3579

If it's there from the factory, it's there for a reason. I would reinstall it.