Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

DIY - - Umnitza Euro Projector headlight assembly install plus more!

Discussion in 'E53 X5 (2000-2006)' started by raichean, Jul 22, 2015.

raichean

I recently added an E53 X5 to the family (looking out into my garage and seeing only BMW now just makes me stupid happy!) and immediately wanted to address an issue I noticed when I bought it. Clouded headlight assemblies and pretty tired bulbs, which yes, I know are super typical.

I really like Umnitza and have used them before for projects on my E46 M3, so hit them up immediately. After looking at options, I decided to go for all of the options, including Orion V2 angel eyes, FX-R 50w bulbs and Predator Xenix bulbs! I will freely admit I am a complete geek for the AEs, and have the Orion V2s on my M3. Now that the installation is done, I am amazed at the change! The new bulbs are super clean, the color is fantastic and the headlight design is dead on. This wasn't an inexpensive upgrade, but absolutely worth it thus far.

The folks on the forums have been so fantastic every time I have needed help or advice, whenever I do a project of ANY size on the car I always document thoroughly and post up as a DIY to share. Its amazing how far these guides have gone considering I have talked to people all over the world because of them.

Please check it out, feel free to provide any feedback or questions, and let me know! Thanks!

I posted the file to my OneDrive because of file size, link is below.

http://1drv.ms/1MolNv3
    Ken.S.330 likes this.