Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Connected drive issues

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by kperess, Oct 10, 2018.

kperess

Recently, my car is not receiving messages sent regarding navigation destinations. I send the information from my computer, locations are confirmed, and when sent, I receive confirmation of the info being sent to my car. However, for the past 8 - 10 messages sent, none appears in the car.

Have not updated any software nor changed anything on my computer.

Vehicle is a 2015 X3

charlson89

Make sure you have a valid contract through assist that does this function. You can do this by call Bmw assist or pushing your SOS button in your car and some one will come over to assist you.

kperess

I do have a valid contract for this service, so that is not the issue. Checked with the service department of my local dealer, and they said that they had received notice about some issues with this service -- sounded like it may have been system-wide. We'll see.

Your suggestion about using car's SOS button is a good one. I plan on sending a destination to the car today or tomorrow and, if it is still not received, using the call button. Thanks.

makgun

I have a 2015 650xi GP. I don't get the traffic flow function on the Navigation system anymore. BMW said it is because they upgraded the system from 3G to 4G and I should upgrade my car to 4G. But, apparently my car is not eligible of a 4G upgrade. Does anyone have a solution for this?