Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Comfort Relay

Discussion in 'E36 M3 (1995-1999)' started by lesreynolds, Jan 3, 2009.

lesreynolds

Paul:

There was power to fuse #14 but there is no #19 in the group of fuses.

?

lesreynolds

Comfort Relay/ZKE lV Module

Paul:

I purchased a Bentley manual for the 3-series cars. From my review of the various electrical diagrams it seems that all of the inoperable functions on my car are controlled by the ZXE lV module. In addition to the windows, sunroof, and automatic interior lights, the central locking system is down as well.

Not having the benefit of the original owner's manual, I did not really know or understand about this feature until I started reading in the Bentley manual. Have you heard of the module failing completely?

I checked on another forum site and briefly read some history on the module. I believe it is a dealer owner item and besides the upfront cost of the module, it has to be programmed as well.

Any insight on the next step to resolving my issue would be appreciated.

Les
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

I have had to replace a ZKE before. You will need to have it coded, but I believe that you can buy used on this one. If you know of a shop that has an Autologic or GT1, you can try a swap test with one from a similar car. If you are lucky, they will be able to try this before you throw down and buy one.