Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Clutch replacement suggestions.

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by raichean, Jun 30, 2008.

raichean

Hey all..

I have a 2001 330Cic, with 144k miles on it and starting to show some wear in the clutch (vibration when the pedal is pushed in) and my reputable local shop is saying I am likely due for a clutch replacement.

So.. question.. if I have to do that anyway, should I just go the OEM route, or is there a better suggestion? I most certainly do NOT have money to burn, but if I am going to have to replace it, is there something I should be looking for or doing? One of those, "if you had spent 10% more you could have gotten XYZ instead" kinda things.

Thanks!

Jeron guest

Stick with OEM parts. Unless you are racing you wont like the side-effects of the aftermarket parts.

If it is just vibrating with the clutch in it isn't necessarily the clutch surface itself but one of the other wear items in the clutch system.

The biggest expense is labor so when the clutch is redone many parts are replaced and your problem should be fixed. The dilemma is whether to replace the flywheel since it is the most expensive part $700+. I would try to find a shop that will inspect and possibly resurface the fly.

The extra 10% should be spent on a new Guibo, center support bearing and exhaust hangers.

MGarrison

Ditto on Jeron