Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Clock Radio Adjustment E85

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by mmfiel, Mar 19, 2009.

mmfiel guest

You know, sometimes the easiest things are really baffling! Just bought my 2003 Z4 (love it), but trying to figure out how to change the time on the darn thing is making me crazy. Owners manual says "see on board computer booklet", on board computer book says "see owners manual"......what gives? any helpful suggestions out there....thanks

finmanjim guest

I had the same problem when I tried to adjust for DST. On my 2003 325i, you need to put the key in the ignition and turn to position one or two, then turn the knob on the instrument panel until the correct time is displayed.

Jim

mmfiel guest

Time change

Thanks, funny thing, on the way home last night (right after posting thread)....I figured it out. On the dash between the gauges (speedo and tach) there is a button that you have to hold down for a short time which causes the clock (in the gauge) to come on and when you adjust it from there, the changes show on the radio too....seems a long way around to get it done lol

BIMMIR guest

You found it. I went through the same thing on my X3. Maybe we've got one too many owners manuals??
    It seems to be the new standard to go through the instrument panel. On new 3's you use the button on the turn signal stalk to bring up the menu.

mmfiel guest

Clock Radio Adjustment

Yeah, I want that job where they hire engineers, lock them in a padded room and have them figure ways to make things difficult. My dad used to say that an engineer is the guy you send on the battlefield after the war to torture the wounded! Wouldn't quite go that far, but sometimes I wonder...lol

BIMMIR guest

I have my daughters in Toyota tercels and camrys. Now, I'm not saying I want to drive them everyday, let's get that straight right now!
    But, those clocks have 2 buttons next to the clock, one has an H the other an M. No decoder ring necessary to direct you to owners manual 3 b...

mmfiel guest

Clock Radio

LOL, on the daughters car's...mine drive's a Kia Sportage. The biggest problem I have with "young ladies" and cars is that my grandaughter just turned 16 and is casting very longing eyes at my almost completey restored 89 E30...(just got paint left to do). That's why the clock adjustment thing was so funny. Over the last year I have gutted the interior of the 325i new dash, seats, door panels, new VDO Gauges, illuminated shifter, boot, center console all in my spare time in my garage. I put new shocks, new rotors, brakes, etc etc...and couldn't figure out the freak'n clock, a fact my wife found hilarous!

BIMMIR guest

Yea honey - thanks for that! If the clock took a wrench you could have figured it out!

If you need some help, I'd be happy to take that E30 off your hands. :)

mmfiel guest

E30

Oh you wouldn't want it right now, UGLY, I mean really UGLY paint. The lady I bought it from parked it under the same sappy, dripping tree for years and destroyed the paint. Also got an oil pressure problem with it. I mentioned that I installed the VDO Oil pressure gauge and it is a lot more "sensitive" (I guess is the best description), since now once the car warms up the dash idiot light stays on. I ran a manual oil pressure test and only have 4 lbs at idle (warm - factory spec is 7 to 14 lbs) 60 when it starts up. Tried all the oil remedies, went to Castrol 20W/50, etc...and still have the problem. Bought a new oil pump (hoping that is the problem), but as you know, you have to lift the motor block about 2 inches to get the pan out or disassemble most of the front end....a job I am putting off till the weather gets a little warmer. Maybe I am too overly concerned about it, because god knows how long it's been that way...only showed up when I upgraded the sending unit for the gauges. Know that older models will survive on lower pressure...