Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

"Chipping" an E90 2006 330xi

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Zahnarzt, May 24, 2009.

Zahnarzt

I'm looking to keep my 2006 E90 330xi for the long haul and am interested to see if "chipping it" would actually do anything. I'm not interested in spending a lot of time and resources changing the throttle body, intake, exhaust, etc., as I'll likely buy an M3 at some point. Just want to see if I can relatively easily bump up my daily driver noticeably.

So how about it? Would chipping do anything for me here beyond remapping the gas petal? Steve Dinan has this to say about chipping, but it looks like the article was written a while ago. He also has this to say about the dyno process. Incidentally, Dinan doesn't offer any software for my car. Perhaps it's just not worth his R&D dollar?

Makes me wonder about the claims from the following companies:

PowerChip
    www.powerchipgroup.com
    +25hp, +13lb.ft

Upsolute
    www.upsolute.com
    +20hp, +19ft.lb

On another note, if I brought my car into a dealer for whatever reason, would I be in danger of them clearing any aftermarket software with an ECU update?

Curious. :D Rick

pseto

on a NA engine, you wont get much gain from any chip. you'll probably get more HP from a CAI and exhaust upgrade