Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Check this out... Robin Hood Rally

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lcjhnsn, Dec 22, 2009.

lcjhnsn

A Street racing (un)reality TV show!

http://www.robinhoodrally.com/

unfortunately, the site is currently password protected and available to potential participants only. But you can get the general idea from the Home page

az3579

I think it's funny that even the "sign me up" page is password protected.
    Though I still don't quite understand what that might be about - another bullrun type of thing?

tiFreak

they might be wondering why no one's signing up :D

Thomas Maher Jr guest

The website is no longer password protected..

az3579

I'd definitely do it, just to drive those roads!
    I checked the samples page though, and I just don't see how they'd close a road like the Taconic State Parkway - what, they're gonna close down a major public road just for a TV show? I think not...

lcjhnsn

I'm with you Bo, there's no way they'll ever get permission to conduct a no holds barred race with street cars on any of those roads.

Taconic Parkway - busy thoroughfare just outside one of the worlds most populus cities
    Skyline Drive - within a US National Park
    Pacific Coast Highway - one of the busiest tourist roads in the world

Now some of the mountain roads in North Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia are more likely to be shut down for a race, but they have mulit-hundred foot drops if you should come adrift from the road.

It's a cool idea and I'll definitely watch it if it actually happens, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

By the way, I've since gotten a postcard from the promoters inviting me to participate.

[IMG]

az3579

How did you get that? You must be enrolled in something that's affiliated with them.
    Are you doing naughty things with that supercharger, Mr. Johnson? :eek:

lcjhnsn

Ironically, Willy Wiley, our Chapter President (who drives a 1976 2002) also got one of those post cards. Willy & jerri stopped by to visit the Johnson homestead last weekend and handed me their copy of the postcard saying they thought of me when they received it. I disappointed them with the news I already had my own copy.

But I don't know what I've ever done to give anyone the impression that I would be prone to that kind of behavior??? [IMG]

tiFreak

my dad got one too