Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Car in for service-compensation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by karinabmwx6, Jul 26, 2019.

karinabmwx6

My car is currently in service. This is the second time within a few days after being returned to me for the same problem. Now they are waiting on a part from Germany which will be another two weeks before we get our car back if all goes well. In total from the first service to this one it might total a month without our car. They have given us a loaner in the meantime, we would prefer our car. The car is leased
    1-Is there some type of compensation for being without your car for such a longtime
    2-If the car were to go in for the 3rd time for the same problem is there a bigger problem with the car (lemon) that we should be concerned with and a department outside of the service team we should be dealing with?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums! Sorry to hear your bimmer's being a bit of a bummer at the moment though. As for additional compensation, I kinda doubt it, but if there was, presumably that would be language somewhere in the lease contract &/or the warranty as it is or pertains to the lease. As for lemon potential, you'd have to check the lemon laws for your state plus if there's any differences in such laws pertaining to leased vehicles. You can always contact BMW customer service directly, ymmv of course on how they respond.

What's the year, model and problem? Not that I'd have any specific insight on your car's issue, but maybe our resident tech would once he sees your post here.

charlson89

Please give some more details about the issues? Is these cases contact BMW and they can assist with the issue. I have heard of lease payments being made for customers for the down time.

karinabmwx6

Thank you for your replies and feedback. We have reached out to BMW to get some additional assistance. We have been assigned a representative who has taken down our information to see how they can assist. After placing that call we got a call back from our service rep that our car may be ready this week now. So not sure if the call helped but will gladly take our car back if it is working and fixed.
    We have a 2019 X6 sDrive 35i
    These are the following code faults that they got:
    Fault 113027 :Supply Voltage, Fuel Injection;Line Disconnection
    Multiple Transmitter Failure from DME
    Fault Code 1F1A80
    DriveTrain Malfunction Message is displaying
    There are more notes in the service ticket, but to much to type.

Appreciate the welcome to the club and getting back to our family. Will keep you posted with the end results.

charlson89

Please let us know the outcome of the repair.