Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

car damaged in parking garage

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by cut4us, Jul 24, 2010.

cut4us guest

My 2008 M3 was hit while parked in a garage by someone confusing the gas for the brake. Very unfortunately, it was struck from the rear sustained both rear damage and front bumper damage after being pushed into a wall. Auto repair estimate at $7000, so far... My concern is that the high performance vehicle will never be the same after repair. The car that hit me was a Hertz rental with Hertz insurance. Can I still expect safe performance at high speed if there is no suspension damage? I am sad, mad and depressed!

Rennsport1

That definitely is a bummer, but it was a relatively low speed wreck so I doubt performance will be affected if your car was repaired well. Unfortunately, it will probably show up on records now that your car had this damage which is not good of course. Sorry to hear about this. But if you are going to keep the car a long time and you still enjoy the car very much, and/or have good documentation regarding the incident, I think it may not be such a huge factor (once explained to a buyer with documentation that it did indeed happen in a parking garage if you eventually sell the car privately, depending on the quality of the repairs). It's definitely better than a wreck on the highway IMHO. In your opinion does the car drive any differently since ?

cut4us guest

Thanks for your sympathy and your post. I haven't driven it since the accident (the bumper was dragging the ground) so I don't know how it will be affected. It sounds as if they will have to pull the right rear quarter panel which will take some serious body work because of its connection with the roof. Rear windshield will also have to be removed, so I worry about its seal. Our state requires payment for depreciation due to an accident , but how do you get all that it's worth on an auto that is part of your family?!