Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bumper Scratch

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by lear45jim, Oct 4, 2010.

lear45jim

Our first BMW (2010 Z4) just got its first scratch from some klutz with a shopping cart on the plastic bumper (Black Sapphire Metallic). Anyone have any suggestions on how to repair, short of a body shop?

John in VA

Touch-up paint?

tjhennessy

How bad of a scratch? If it is a surface scratch some polishing compound may be able to take care of it, then a good waxing.

Pyewacket1

I have the same color on a 2010 328i convertible. At about 1200 miles, a fatass lady struggling to climb aboard a Dodge Ram Pickup dinged the left rear quarterpanel. The solution for me was the body shop route, and they did a superb job repairing the damage....Looks like new!

345861 guest

www.drcolorchip.com. Works for front-end road rash and deep scratches that can't be polished out. If you used enough paint to fill the crack, you'll barely notice it.

davelja1

I agree with the drcolorchip.com recommendation. Someone tapped my rear bumper enough to cause the paint to split. Filled it in with the colorchip system, and it's virtually invisible. I'm also a big fan of Meguiar's professional compounds and polishes for clearcoat scratches in the black sapphire paint.