Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Brake reservoir line question '85 325e

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by cschumacher66, Oct 22, 2018.

cschumacher66

Rookie request: the wrapped rubber line coming off my reservoir is disintegrating. Is it a pain to replace myself??

Attached Files:

cschumacher66

To clarify, the image I "borrowed" from Pelican Parts is showing the hose in question at the side of the reservoir.

MGarrison

The line itself isn't that big of a deal, stock I don't think they even have any hose clamps on either end - do you have a Bentley manual? Def. useful if you do your own work. But, you will have to bleed the clutch hydraulics, which means getting the car up in the air and on jack stands so you can get to the bleeder on the slave cyl. I've used a vacuum bleeder in the past, which also usually meant I had to pull the slave, let it extend, and reinstall (because the clutch pedal would stick to the floor and not come back up).

cschumacher66

Appreciate that. Have the Chilton, not Bentley manual. Was concerned there was more to it. Will do some more reading now that I have a road map. Thanks again!