Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Brake/ABS light and DSC light are on (yellow) 06 325i E90

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by kdkpsj, Sep 2, 2008.

kdkpsj

Hey, guys! :)

Those two lights have been bugging me for awhile. Everything started about three months ago, and since then, those lights have been on and off infrequently. Most of time, they were turned on while I was driving, then they are turned off when I restart my car after some period of time.

I suspect it's the issue of bad wheel speed sensor, but is there any other known issue I should be aware of?

David

Arash2002tii guest

Maybe you need to reflash your car's computer?

kdkpsj

Hmm, maybe? I am bringing the car for check up on Thursday, hope the dealer can give me loaner! :)

M3Driver guest

We had that happen on our '00 528i and was hoping for only a wheel sensor.

Hydraulic control unit that controlled the ABS and DSC went Tango Uniform. Was looking at a $1500.00 bill until my dealer stepped in and split the cost three ways between them, BMW NA, and myself since it was such a odd failure.

Hopefully your issue is not that major....:)

kdkpsj

Wow, I hope not :p At least mine's under new car warranty, which should take care most of issue without my pocket money. (I hope!)

I will report back tomorrow to see what the dealer says.

kdkpsj

The problem turned out to be steering wheel sensor. The dealer replaced it for free as it's (obviously) warranty item. Glad it was not a serious one!