Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Parts Warranty

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by Whitney.marc, Jul 11, 2017.

Whitney.marc

I currently have a 2011 BMW 335xi with just over 50K miles and is completely babied- for the past 2 years I have had the thrust arm bushings/ Hydro Bearings fail, the first time was a warranty coverage and the second time I paid full price at the dealer to get the parts replaced ($600+). I am currently experiencing what I can assume is the same failure as the symptoms mimic what I have seen before and I have an appointment at the dealer this week.

My questions is regarding the BMW Parts warranty - I know they provide a 2 year warranty on all BMW parts and specifically work done at the dealer, If the thrust arm bushings are failing again would this fall under that 2 year warranty? Any thoughts on how to approach with the dealer if there is the same failure?

Any help is appreciated on this!

-Marc

charlson89

Yes if you paid for these parts they are covered under the 2 year warranty. If they were replaced under warranty then no the parts warranty does not last once out of warranty. Just let the dealer know and if they are bad they should replace at no cost to you.