Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW NA is shutting down the European Delivery program!!

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by mtrois, May 6, 2020.

?

Are you willing to reconsider your purchase of a new BMW if the ED program is no longer available?

Yes - This is a key benefit so I will take my money somewhere else if this is no longer available 7 vote(s) 63.6%
Perhaps - It is really unfortunate, I never managed to do it SO FAR, so I will reconsider... 1 vote(s) 9.1%
No - I never did consider a European Delivery and don't care (or will go to SC) 3 vote(s) 27.3%

mtrois

Hello all,

Can this really be?? I thought that we are surely not on April 1st today... but according to Road and Track, this program will disappear!!! How can it be??
    I think it is time for our community to start a writing campaign!!!

Laguna30

My writing campaign starts with my wallet. Purchased 2014 335XI euro delivery, best experience ever for obtaining a new car. If no option is available to club members in tbe future, instead of an M2 will look into euro delivery on a Cayman.

Still a manual transmission and pickup in Stuttgart...
    Not my first chioce but not a bad one either

I suspect it simply wasn't profitable. I'm only marginally disappointed simply because I've had numerous chances to take advantage of it but I never did.

I took delivery of a USA spec 2002 in 1973 from the main London dealer when I lived in the UK. I drove it 1 year in Europe as far as Poland and Czechoslovakia. I crossed the USA twice and ultimately put > 200,000 miles on it. In 1983 I then bought a gray market 320 with a 6 cylinder engine when only 4 bangers were available in the USA. In 1985 I bought a gray market Euro 635 CSi when the USA only had 633 CSis. I drove it north of the Arctic Circle in Sweden, crossed into Norway, drove the coast to Bergen. Then we crossed by ferry to Newcastle, ultimately shipping the car to the USA. In 1988 I took factory delivery of a 325iX, real all wheel drive, not the electronic kind. We took this through Yugoslavia and thought Sarajevo was a wonderful multi-cultural city. Little did we know some locals had different ideas. This was absolutely the best car I have ever owned. It went 215,000 without an engine or transmission repair and had the original clutch. I ultimately sold it to Kermit Upton.
    These adventures are no longer available.
    BMW should reinstitute European delivrery and extend to MINI.
    stradaredlands likes this.