Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by dnovack, Aug 6, 2013.

dnovack

I have a 2009 328 ix with about 40,000 miles. The four year warranty and maintenance program expire next week. The car is CPO'd for another 2 years or 100,000 total miles.

I recently received an offer from BMW to extend the maintenance program so that it matched the duration of the CPO warranty. The cost is around $2,000. It covers all scheduled maintenance and wear items like brakes, rotors, wiper blades and clutch, if necessary.

Anyone have a view if this is a good deal or not? I will probably do about 17,000 miles per year over the next two years, taking the car to around 75,000 +/- miles.

While I generally don't feel tied to a dealer for service, with the CPO warranty, I am a little concerned about a claim being rejected because I didn't have dealer service done.

charlson89

I would go for it personally you will get that money back out of service prices very quickly. I mean a full brake job front or rear can run 900 dollars easy, but you got oil changes, brake fluid, microfilters, vehicle checks. As for being concerned with work not done at the dealer and the claims I wouldn't worry to much, unless they can prove the work done else where was the issue. For example I had a customer have there oil changed by jiffy lube they came in with a check engine light had just CPO. I would that when jiffy lube removed the oil filter they accidentally removed a device inside the oil filter housing that directs oil to our variable valve timing system and damaged the solenoids for that system. Of course this not covered under CPO even though the components were a covered item. I always recommend you use OEM parts on these vehicles, you bought a expensive vehicle why make it cheap and crappy with bad parts. Just my 2 cents good luck with the car.

dnovack

Thanks very much for the advice. will probably pull the trigger today.

Love that E39 M5. I also have a 2003 model. Definitely a keeper.
    charlson89 likes this.