Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW 330D Xdrive Sedan

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by egallas, Apr 11, 2009.

egallas

Does anyone know if BMW intends to bring the apparently more efficient 330D (aluminum vs iron block) Xdrive sedan to the US? Apparently, this 2009 model is available at least in Europe, but is not marketed to the US. Can a US certified version be obtained? Thanks...
    While the 335d sedan is interesting, the rear wheel drive is not optimal where I live, and the 330d seems to be a more recent generation engine.

az3579

Probably won't be making it here, at least not soon. BMW was reluctant to bring over the diesel in the first place, so I guess they figured if they're bringing one over, might as well bring the "best" one over (as in most powerful) because to them, that's what this country is all about.

US certified? Hmm, care to import the car and pay a total that is waaaaaaaaaay over what the car can be purchased for over there?

bigriffi

335dxi!

I own a 2001 330xi and am seriously thinking about a 335d. I test drove it the other day, wow, nice push in the back!

I'd love a 335d xi, that'd seal the deal. I am thinking of testing the 335xi and 335d back to back and see which style of forceful acceleration I like.

To me the 335d is very compelling, I know I'd get better than 33-36mpg and it has serious torque for zipping around that slow guy on the highway and general around town driving.

But, the AWD is nice too. I love it in the winter in Chicago on winter tires.