Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Aquapel, anyone?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Zahnarzt, Oct 15, 2008.

Zahnarzt

My daily driver has been peppered with small rocks and sand for a few years now, and it's really showing in the windshield. If I drive into the sun, you can see just how bad it is. I recently read in BavAuto's catalog about a Aquapel. Has anyone used it? It's supposed to fill in the tiny windshield pot marks.

I used RainX back in the day, and I didn't like it. Seems like you had to be driving at speed for it to work, and if you hit it with wipers, it would leave a smear of water that wasn't great to look through. I don't want to do this to my car.

Thanks in advance.

Rick :D

az3579

I had severe pitting on my E30. The only solution for me was to relace the windshield, so beware.

Of course my windshield was 20 years old when I had it replaced; perhaps you can still do something about yours before it's too late.

WDW1Fanatic guest

I'm very happy with Aquapel in lieu of Rain-X to help with water removal from the front and back windows. While my ride has some small pit marks, I can't say it did anything to help with that situation -- it's also news to me that it perhaps may. ...I thought I'd just found something better than Rain-X.