Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

anyone have experience with A1 Cardone remanufactured parts?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by stevehecht, May 11, 2008.

stevehecht

I'm trying to avoid spending $375 per rear axle/CV joint for my 325i. I came across this at autopartswarehouse.com. Does anyone have experience with these remanufactured parts?

1987-1993 BMW 325i - A1 Cardone Axle Assembly

Our Price: $87.01
    Core: $96.00
    Quantity:
    Part Number: A1609063
    MFR#: 609063
    "CONSTANT VELOCITY DRIVE AXLE, REMANUFACTURED -- A High Quality, Direct Fit OE Replacement Constant Velocity Drive Axle, Features 100% Neoprene Boots For Excellent Ozone Resistance, 3% Moly Grease Providing Excellent High Temperature And Extreme Pressure Characteristics Extending The Life Of The Joint, And 100% Chased Splines And Threads Eliminating Installation Hassle"

Fit Note: "Rear, Right".

cj morgan guest

I don't have any experience with this particular part but i have had good experience with autopartswarehouse.com. If they say the part is OEM and will work, i have confidnence it will be fine.

mac townsend guest

A1 Cardone is a well known rebuilder. I've used some of their bits for different cars.

you might be better looking at a local store, however, because if there is any issue it is a damn sight easier to take the part in and hollar at someone than it is to ship it awaqy (and pay the bill) and wait and wait.

esp for something like starters<G>

Often I find that Kragens and AutoZone are real similar in price to online places (though i do buy a fair bit at rockauto)