Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone else having forum login trouble w/ Mozilla Firefox lately?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MGarrison, Oct 8, 2013.

MGarrison

This has been going on about a month - I click login, the screen _looks_ like I'm logging in (time delay and message 'waiting on BMWCCA.org' etc., as per usual - and the screen refreshes on forum page, top of page shows "Logged in as" etc. etc. - but, all forum sections are bolded, just like looking at the forums when not logged in, and click on any message after clicking "What's New", message comes up, but no reply box, etc., so I don't appear to be functionally logged-in. If it's the same scenario and I try click the "Manage Account" link, I just get thrown to log-in screen.

If something's different with my browser, I don't know what it might be, unless some browser update changed something I now need to un-do.

Any thoughts from those-who-be-the-higher-up-muckety-muck-national-office-'CCA-site-big-kahuna-gurus-who-know-what-from-what?
    • Staff

steven s

The only thing I find the site times out on the 1/2 hour.
    I haven't noticed it recently though.
    Other than that I haven't seen anything unusual.
    There have been times when there is no header and footer.
    Sounds like maybe a cache problem.

All I use is Firefox at work and home.

MGarrison

Also - haven't been able to edit any posts for some time - click edit, and the popup screen shows blank. Log-in with Opera seems to work fine, but won't show a reply box. Thanks, will try what I can w/ Firefox before moving to another browser...
    • Staff

steven s

That I get all the time. Only way to edit is to click advanced.
    That must be a FF issue.
    The forum is going to be updated to a new version.
    Hopefully it will be addressed.

Terry Sayther

Firefox is working for me, no problem with logon. Pay your bill?

I find that if I slip Steven a little something every month everything goes a little smoother---just a little word to the wise. Terry
    steven s likes this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hell, I bought him all that Spaten at Oktoberfest...