Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone else have a problem with the seat belt cutting across your neck?

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by gdz451, Dec 19, 2012.

gdz451

I'm not particularly short (5' 11"), but the seat belt in my '07 Z4 M slides right up to my neck, which is pretty uncomfortable. Has anyone come up with a fix?
    • Staff

steven s

Is there an adjustment to move the belt up and down on the pillar?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Pillar?

gdz451

The seat belt is routed through a loop on the side of the seat, not through any pillar. So, there is no height adjustment.
    • Staff

steven s

Gotcha. Thought it might have been a coupe.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Yeah, this is one thing that I noticed pretty quickly on my '06 Z4 M, actually on my drive down to San Diego from Pleasanton, where I bought it. I'm 5'9" and it's particularly annoying when I'm just wearing a t-shirt, so actually, most of the time! I never had this problem with my S2000, even though it also had integrated headrests. Honda didn't mount the seat belt loop on the seat and it was mounted on a point of the interior lower and closer to my shoulder.

I've thought of possibly getting a sheepskin seat belt cover but I've never really liked the way seat belt covers looked. Maybe if it had a ///M on it, maybe something like this, because you know you can never have enough ///M emblems, especially on a Z4 M...

[IMG]