Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

any suggestions for replacement bumper for E46 05 325i

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Tbrown325i, Mar 15, 2008.

Tbrown325i guest

i have a 2005 325i and we are getting tired of its plain looking front bumper and its front license plate so i was looking at putting on a new bumper. possibly a M3 replica bumper or on the bmw accessory website i found something called bumper moldings and does anyone know if it is the whole bumber here they are selling or just the plastic moldings, look at the link and tell me if you dont mind

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemV...ategoryId=&menuId=0&subItemId=0&productId=123

or i was also looking at this bumper
    http://www.modbargains.com/product.aspx?pf_id=M3replicabumperBMWE46

if anyone has any thing to say about this it would be a big help
    thanks

rcryder325 guest

rcryder325 guest

the m-tech bumper is also the one used on most racing 330i's used on the race circuit. I personally have been considering buying one for my 03 325i. The factory bumper is just to bland, plus someone parallel parked in front of me and rammed my bumper putting literally a hole in it next to the fog light :mad:

Tbrown325i guest

that sucks, but thinks i think ill get that m-technic bumper

rcryder325 guest

great choice sweet looking bumper and not too big, it has better ground clearance than the m3 bumper.

Tbrown325i guest

yea that was a worry of mine because i would always scrap my dad's sport car's bumper on deep street gudders. and i went and checked it out and theres a 3 series at my towns bmw dealer and i looks pretty good, not like some cheap mod

az3579

Well if it getting damaged for one reason or another is an issue, then why bother with spending money on a good-looking bumper? It's kind of like buying a brand new Mercedes and using it in the city; it's only gonna get scratched/dented/dinged to hell... unless the people around where you live are actually competant. In that case, by all means get the one that comes on the 330i ZHP. I always imagined one of those 4-door 330i's with that M bumper in Japanrot as the E46 M3, but with a weaker engine. :rolleyes:

rcryder325 guest

i agree, thats one of the reasons ive put off getting one. I don't live in a big city i live in santa barbara, ca. i have a driveway however it only fits 2 out of 3 roommates cars. so somedays i have to park on the street and some people that live on my street have crappy cars and don't seem to care what happens to other peoples shit. its infuriating!

Another situation when i was parked on the street was a neighbor backed out of her driveway which i was parked next too on the street. she was drunk and went at an angle over the sidewalk and into my passenger rear quarter panel. i wasn't around but my roommate was on the front porch, the woman tried to drive away but couldnt figure out what she was doing. my roommate called the cops and she got arrested for hit and run. i am still waiting on insurance money from her insurance company.

most people in Santa Barbara cant drive. the first year i lived here i owned a jetta and was hit 3 times, each time the person ran a stop sign. the last accident is what paid for part of my 3 series (so i guess some good came from it haha) maybe i just am cursed when it comes to cars...

Autohaus guest

You can also try Bavauto.com. I plan on putting the M3 front spoiler on my 03 325xi (really my wife's car, but I bought it for her, so therefore our car!). The plain looking front spoiler/air dam/lip/yada yada yada is looking boring after a while. Time to give her a facelift! I plan on putting an E39 M5 front spoiler on my 01 525i to give it an aggressive look as well. My 87 528e has the 535is front air dam on it. I should post pics of them up here soon. rcryder325, I am glad she got busted! Serves them right for messing with BMW CCA members!

Musikpro guest

Part # for M-tech

I too, am tired of the stock front bumper on 05 325i... can someone shoot me a part # of the M-tech front bumper that will fit my car. Thanks!

Autohaus guest

Musikpro, try this: 51-11-0-029-880

Musikpro guest

Great!

Thanks for the help!

rcryder325 guest