Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Alpina B7

Discussion in 'E65/E66 (2002-2008)' started by cwbiii, Apr 21, 2010.

cwbiii guest

I'm kinda zeroing in on a used Alpina B7 as my next upgrade... are there any owners out there who can give me useful info on this car vs a plain 750. Ill be looking for an E66 based version...probably 2007-2008. If I can spot a cpo in my vicinity I will try to wrangle a test drive just to see if the suspension won't make me balk at the car since it will be my daily driver all year long up here in New England.I put about 320 miles a week just going to and from work. My present E66 gets 20mpg+ for this commute
    at an average speed of about 50 mph (on highway/off highway combined).
    Typical highway speed is 75+, though the 32 mile commute generally takes 30-32 minutes. My off highway jaunts for lunch and household essentials is what brings my average down to the 50 range...
    Thanks in advance.
    Chuck

bcweir

cwbiii guest

Thanks for the pointer...
    Gawd its a pretty car, I had to reach for my drool cup...
    And that blue is just the right color for an Air Force brat.

Chuck

bcweir

Gorgeous cars. You can't beat Alpina when it comes to a distinctive BMW.

I like Dinan, too. However, Dinan prefers a more understated sleeper look.

While still recognizable as a BMW, Alpina's are well known for being far and away very distinctive, comfortable, and exceptional performance cars. These cars are visually stunning, and certainly won't be mistaken for a plain vanilla, stock BMW.

Take pictures of which one you wind up taking home.

ArtB7 guest

B7

I just recently purchased a 2007 Alpina B7 myself. I was looking around for something the size of the 7 series and just happened across this car. I had a 1997 740Li and missed the luxury of this series. I can tell you that I am very happy with the performance and handling of mine. I have had other high performance autos in the past (Mustang, Camaro SS, Corvette) and I think this is my new favorite.

Brian A

Alpina vs Dinan -- How about both?

Went to a Dinan open house last weekend. Of the many cars on display (including the Ganassi Dinan Daytona Prototype) was an Alpina B7. Dinan said he just took delivery of it and is planning to retune it. Hee hee hee...

bcweir

Wait a minute -a DINAN ALPINA?? Now you're talking!

Why did it take so long for these two long-time friends of BMW to finally join forces?

Can't wait to see what Steve comes up with.

cwbiii guest

Gave up...

I searched for quite a while... and found a couple I was interested in... but gave up when I found out that the Alpina version was not eligible for the CPO program.

I also traded in my 750il for a 335d...

Chuck

alpinaman

i have an alpina with Zurich warranty 30k miles on her for now i have 5 years left on warranty

i love the car its got the room and the speed