Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Alarm Activation

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by EdM3, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

EdM3

Any recomendations for Nashville TN area BMW facility to Activate Alarm System. Just installed the BMW Alarm System.....Thanks

M3Driver guest

Any problem with using BMW of Nashville? Give Michael Janca a call (615-850-4025) and make sure you get the BMW CCA discount. Tell him you want David Gregory to do the work.

They've done my Dinan and service work for nearly 10 years and I have always been happy.

EdM3

M3Driver.....Appreciate the contact info for BMW Nashville...will contact them.....Ed

EdM3

Had BMW Nashville do the activation.......No CCA Discount and billed 2 hours to do the job.
    $220.00 plus tax and environmental charge. Had it in on the Recall for the DME. Told Mike next time
    I expect a kiss. It's done and no problems.

M3Driver guest

Hmmm....I am not happy with that. I will email Michael regarding this, ESPECIALLY after I recommended them.
    :mad:

EdM3

M3Driver...Thanks......I mentioned to Mike I had the computer Key Stokes from BMW, looked like a 30 minute activation to me.......

M3Driver guest

I feel like a smuck. Can't guarantee what the outcome will be, but I've spent a LOT of money with them in the past 10 years or so. I did email Michael this thread with "What the heck is up with this?" message.

I did mis-type the tech's name. If you ever need any dealer-type work done, the tech that i have used forever is David Graham (not Gregory). He is a good guy and did all the Dinan upgrades on my M3 including the supercharger set-up.

EdM3

Appreciate the contact.........At least the job was done with no issues......... Ed

M3Driver guest

@EdM3 - Talked to Michael and it had something to do with having to retro the software since you installed the alarm yourself. He has agreed to double-check with two hours labor. Maybe they can do something or maybe not. Figured I owed you to at least give it a shot.

It's unfortunate that the indy shops need this BMW GT1 computer to do all this. Those things are horrendously pricey so its "back to the dealer" for some things.

BTW, I have a Dinan cold air intake sitting back in their parts if you are interested that come off my 06 M3. They had to put a different one on the car when they did the s/c. It was only on about 3k miles (or less). It will need the Dinan software. If you're interested, talk to Jim Wells and have him give you my phone number. It's been there for a while and I'll give you a smokin' deal.

cheers...

EdM3

M3Driver.....Thank You again for getting involved......Hey that Cold Air Intake sounds good.....I will give Jim Wells a call........week or two. Thanks Again Amigo......Ed

M3Driver guest

When you do, have Jim Wells and/or Michael give you my cell number. I've shot them a note saying you might stop by in the future and inquire about it. We can discuss specifics at that point if you're interested. :)

Edit: Just got a note from Jim Wells at BMW of Nashville. He told me "yeah I remember talking to Janca about that not too long ago. Push him my way and tell him I will give him 20% off the software and get this thing sold".

:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.