Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335i Window Air Leaks

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by SteveDunnivant, May 25, 2010.

SteveDunnivant guest

I have a 2010 335i and when delivered both the driver's and passengers windows passed a small amount of air (at 70ish). A trip to the dealer indicated that this the way they are, however the loaner that they provided, a 2009 model, didn't leak at all and I didn't notice that my Z4 had an issue. The adjustment that was performed did help some, but now they seemed to be stumped on a possible fix. Any ideas?

az3579

Don't let the dealer tell you that "that's just how it is". That's a load of crap, and they're just too lazy to fix it. No new car has that problem, not even a $15,000 subcompact, why should a BMW have that problem?

Zeichen311

Agreed. I assume you (OP) are talking about a coupe? Frameless windows are both sensitive to correct adjustment and difficult to adjust to perfection. Make them keep after it, that's why you have a warranty.

Try to pinpoint exactly where on the perimeter of the window the air enters and communicate that to the techs/SA. It may help them determine which adjustment is off, or whether there is a problem that can't be corrected by adjustment (e.g., a defective, damaged or improperly installed seal).

Michgndr89

If air can come in, water can as well. Definitely not just "the way they are".

Good luck.