Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335d

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by 14th BMW, Aug 19, 2010.

14th BMW '16 Z4 35is

I just got a new 335d as a loaner (had 17 miles on it). Whoa....Wow...Holy ****... When you press firmly on the gas, oops, diesel pedal, there's this barely perceptable turbo lag and then it PLANTS you FIRMLY and DEEPLY in your seat. Its just not the same feel as a gasoline engine, and I've driven the x35i/x35is; that diesel torque is a whole new experience. I'm used to BMWs, esp., ones that I'm not used to driving, surprising me by hitting 90 before I realize it, but this growling monster went from 60 to 100 in what seemed like less that 75ft, all the while pulling for more. The engine sound/exhaust tone is certainly different from gas, but its interestingly different; throaty, growly, almost intimidating...on a 4-door sedan of all things. Mileage was around 37mpg, though I'm sure it would have been higher if I hadn't been speeding up/slowing down. In our area, diesel and premium gas are about the same price now. You have to get used to a much lower redline, but who cares!!! The Conti run-flats with this suspension are nice (not as good as the Michelin PS2 ZPs on my Roadster). What a great car!!!

Freude (und mehr Freude) am Fahren...

floydarogers

Pretty much what all us 335d owners experience every day:)

railroader guest

Glad to read of your loaner experience, 14th! Like floyd, I also enjoyed reading your post--of course, I am yet another of those guys who has gone over to the "dark and oily" side.;) Yeah, we've got our favorite subjects over there in the Diesel Room, such as some stuff called DEF and why does our crankcase oil get so black so fast :rolleyes:but it's all in good fun! Perhaps someday you might even consider buying one of these "big compression" vehicles available here in the States from the Motor Werkes. Unfortunately we can't get the variety of "little diesels" such as in the One Series, etc. that other countries might be allowed. But we have fun talking about them anyway. Drop in anytime!

rr-der