Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

335d Snow Handling

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by EzKal, Sep 26, 2009.

EzKal guest

Does anyone have experience driving a 335d with winter tires in the snow (e.g., Central NY)?

386530 guest

EzKal

We have a group of diesel 335d owners gathering on bimmerfest.com in a diesel social group. You might try there. Sign up while you're at it.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/group.php?groupid=15

All of my experience has been summer time/tires here in Germany.

EzKal guest

335d in the Snow

Thanks. I just joined the Diesel Drivers group at Bimmerfest, though I have not yet received mine (early December 2009).

386530 guest

Congratulations - you're getting an early start then !

Very glad to hear you joined. I went back over to an active thread and asked about the tires and snow - but haven't gotten a response yet. I suspect that no one has had the 335d long enough to have gotten much experience.

But if there is someone, we'll find 'em!

Be patient. Download the manual and start reading it. I was amazed to find out about all of the tricks/gimmicks on board.

As a matter of fact, when you get over social group again, make sure that you introduce yourself and let everyone know what you ordered. I'm certain that you will be able to query about any specifics.

Cheers!

EzKal guest

Thank you very much for the reply and the helpful tip. Cheers!

ForcedInduction guest

Other than 425 lb/ft of wonderful torque there should be no problem at all as long as you use good snow tires. :)

bigriffi

I have a 335D since August and put on Blizzaks for Chicago winters. I traded in a 330XI (blizzaks in winter too) and wondered what I was getting into.

The last big snow storm, it worked just fine, not as good as the xi, but hey, it worked just fine with all that torque. Believe me, I was a little concerned, but the tires are the key!

Alighieri guest

Proper use of the manual shifts help a fair bit while in the snow. Ensuring you start out in 2nd is a key factor, as well as being very light on the throttle.

Yeah, it's got a lot of torque, but it's easily manageable if you pay attention and drive the car appropriately.