Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2009 128i Conv 56000 miles potential evaporator coil needs to be replaced

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by rmwegmann, Oct 19, 2013.

rmwegmann

Warranty up at 50,000 about three months ago. Did not purchase new warranty or maintenance. About $4,600 for both. Have 56000 miles on car. Six weeks ago AC went out when car had about 54,000 miles on it. Diagnosed as evaporator coil by independent service, who have excellent reputation. Not good. Have not had it fixed yet.

Does anyone think BMW would, in the spirit of excellent customer service, repair this coil issue at no cost, given the car is just out warranty? I'm skeptical and don't think they would have any interest. Others have told me sure they would, to prevent bad customer reviews.

I open this topic up the Members of BMWCCA . . . Have at it gents and ladies!!!

Thank you in advance!

charlson89

Well since your only 3 months out of warranty they might offer some assistance on this repair and it is common. Normally what they do is split the cost you pay for part or labor and they pay the other half. I would contact bmw customer service and tell them what is happening and ask for some help. You also can get your local dealer involved to assist with this if they are willing.