Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 135i Service Checklist

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by EvaUnit02, Aug 11, 2013.

EvaUnit02

My car is due for service as indicated by the dash icon. Is there a checklist or something like there was for my 330xi? I'd like to see what the service actually entails.
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

Your vehicle used what is called CBS (condition based services) basically meaning the car tells you what it needs, this is stored on the key and read out by a key reader at your local dealer. You can also go through you scroll menu in the vehicle and see what is in yellow meaning do soon or red which means over due.

EvaUnit02

It's icon number two. The manual gives no further information. If it's just routine service, I would expect there to be a checklist that is followed.

Snap40.png

Are you saying more detailed information is stored on the key? If so, that's a really bizarre place to store additional service information.

floydarogers

If there is no further text along side, that might be the reminder for state-required safety/emissions inspection. It's annoying in most states (other than NY and a few other NE states) where you don't have annual/bi-annual inspections

That icon is used for several serious problems that require service, but they all come with additional text AFAIK. I wouldn't totally ignore it.
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

Like mentioned above it that symbol is for the vehicle check service. Basically a look all over the vehicle to make sure it is road worthy. I would ignore for now and next service just have it reset.