Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2007 X3 CPO maintenance

Discussion in 'E83 X3 (2004-2010)' started by amacdoniv, Jul 21, 2010.

amacdoniv guest

I have been reading my manual for quite awhile and I am just curious. Is the concept about Maintenance I, Maintenance II. and so on is kind of like if you buy a domestic car and they give you a schedule of 15,000 miles 30,000 miles and so on. I have had other cars before that I will have a mechanics look at stuff if it says has to be done at certain intervals, but they won't do it unless I need it. I have a lot of confusions with mechanics and car dealerships. Some people say you should change differential and other fluids every 15 or 30,000 miles and other say it is a waste of money. The warning that goes on in the BMW I am assuming is a reminder, but not telling you something is wrong with your car. The other thing I understand is in order to turn the warning off you have to have a device that does this. I like the reminder, don't get me wrong, but it sounds like it is trying to force you to get stuff done when it may not be needed.