Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2006 M5 e60 Ipod interface

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by cmbasse, Aug 26, 2009.

cmbasse guest

I have had the BMW interface since the fall of 06 in my 06 360 M5.
    Thus far it has never worked up to the potential I would expect from BMW/Apple and it has gotten worse.
    Under CD1 the playlist Cat. it only showed 5 of my playlists. until a few weeks ago it only shows 2 or 3.

I think there is something wrong here but there are 0 instructions or advice from Tech at my local by the way AWFUL dealership in San Antonio, Texas.

Does anyone out there have any knowlege at all on this issue?

Thanks!

Help!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Kurt Helm

Not sure if this will help or not, but the link below had the installation and user instructions for the i-Pod adapter (the BMW version that also charges the i-Pod) and it was a big help to me as I suspect the dealership here in Westlake Village, CA probably ate my adapter manual after they installed the unit.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297113&highlight=ipod

sgrabina guest

if you have an e60 m5 with i drive you (most bus vehicle) should not have to label the playlist bmw1 bmw2 etc... that should only be for non i drive (i bus) vehicles see below. i would also suggest to erase your ipod and redownload your music as you may have corrupted files on it.

General Information:

Aftersales is please to announce an update to the iPod interface for MOST Bus vehicles. The device integrates the Apple iPod into the BMW audio system and allows customers to control and listen to their iPod music collection by using the vehicle's iDrive, radio and steering wheel controls, if equipped.

The interface module is compatible with 4th and 5th generation iPods, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPhone and iPod Touch. The interface is not compatible with the 3rd generation iPod or earlier and the iPod shuffle.

This device cannot be used in conjunction with the 6-disc CD Changer and or Multi Media Changer.

The installation kit consists of wiring harness/es, the interface module, Owner's Manual and miscellaneous installation parts. The interface module is connected to the MOST Bus, located behind the dash and has a cable running to the glovebox of the vehicle. The connector located in the glovebox of the vehicle provides the connection between the iPod and the vehicle, and also charges the iPod while connected and the vehicle is running.

Using the CD Changer mode on the iDrive or radio controls, customers can access the full functionality of their iPod. CD1 allows the customer to listen to their own customized playlists, CD2 by artist names, CD3 by album title, CD4 by music genre, CD5 by Podcast, and CD6 displays a selection of songs from their music library. Additional features such as Repeat, Random and Scan can also be selected.

Important:

The interface module is compatible with 4th and 5th generation iPods, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPhone and iPod Touch. The interface is not compatible with the 3rd generation iPod or earlier and the iPod shuffle.

This device cannot be used in conjunction with the 6-disc CD Changer and or Multi Media Changer.

PROGMAN Version 27 or later must be used for retrofit codin